3rd August 2021.
THE NORTH-CENTRAL PDP MANDATE GROUP ON THE FORTHCOMING PDP NIGER STATE CONGRESS.
PASSES A VOTE OF CONFIDENCE ON THE NORTHCENTRAL WORKING COMMITTEE OF THE PARTY.
Following the outcome of our emergency National Executive Committee meeting held on Monday, 2nd August 2021 and in furtherance of our deliberations on the state of the party in North Central Zone and specifically the forthcoming PDP Niger State congress slated for Saturday 7th August 2021.
The North Central PDP Mandate Group make the following declarations:
- We are conscious of the glaring and failed APC administration in Niger state obvious from its dismal performance in the areas of security, infrastructure development and the deepening poverty in the State,
- Aware of the inability of the Party to provide effective opposition in the last 18 months principally due to an unnecessary delay in the election of party officers and external interference in Niger state PDP,
- Commend the National Working Committee NWC for fixing a new date of Saturday 7th August 2021,
- WE applaud the North Central Working Committee, chaired by the National Vice Chairman, North Central Hon. Theophilus Dakas Shan that is charged with overseeing the affairs of the party in Niger state for its wide consultations, preparations for congress and successfully holding the state caucus and various other meetings in Minna, Niger state.
- The Mandate group passed a very strong vote of confidence on the Zonal chairman of the party, Hon. Dakas Shan and the North Central Working committee members. The group urges the Zonal officers remain to firm, undeterred, unperturbed and be assured of the cooperation of the party’s stakeholders from Niger state and beyond committed to a rancor-free, credible and transparent congress.
- We urge the National Working committee NWC of the PDP to be wary of individuals who are trying to misdirect and deny the party members in Niger State their legitimate right to elect their leaders as clearly stated in our constitution and who are trying to dissuade the NWC from proceeding with the congress. The NWC must ensure that the congress date in Niger State upheld, the process conducted and leaders are elected as a final step to put the party structure.
- It MUST be emphasized that this same North Central Working committee supervised the successful conclusion of the congress in Nasarawa state chapter of the party that heralded the present leadership, as such the NWC is expected to extend same support for successful congress in Niger state.
- From our findings and investigation, the mass of our members in Niger state are prepared and ready for this congress and have a date with history.
- The NWC MUST therefore seize this moment to reposition the party in the state, in the zone and in preparations for victory in the 2023 General Elections.
- Intelligence available indicates that there are people working to put spanners in the progress already achieved for a successful congress. We MUST warn that they will be resisted by all legitimate means, as such we call on the security agencies, who are working round the clock to do more and be alert to thwart anyone or group from sabotaging their efforts.
- The judiciary as the last hope of the common-man MUST NOT allow itself to be used to do a hatchet job. It must stand on the side of the people as always and avoid a situation where desperate politicians would drag her to their own infamy.
- Finally, the Group commends the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the party, Sen. Walid Jibrin for his leadership and steadfastness on all matters affecting the party in the zone.